Anime Fans, Arise!

New and upcoming anime shows and seasons releasing in 2021!

Now that the worst year is behind us, 2021 promises exciting new anime and the return of highly anticipated new seasons. New anime seasons, such as Attack on Titan, Re: Zero: Starting Life in Another World, Beastars, The Promised Neverland, and many more have been released this month of January. While anime fans are excited about the new seasons dropping left and right, they are also stoked about the new series premiering in 2021, such as Wonder Egg Priority, Sk8 The Infinity, Wave!!, Jujutsu Kaisen, 2.43: Seiin High School Boys Volleyball Team, and many others. By the end of this year, anime fans across the world will have binged to their heart’s content. 

“I’m really hyped to see Sk8 The Infinity since my favorite director who made the anime Banana Fish is also directing a new series,” sophomore Angela Cuevas said. She’s stoked about the series and can’t wait to see how the series will unfold and how the anime artwork is going to look. 

Another sophomore student, Allison Patino, says that she cannot wait to watch Given The Movie. “Personally, I’m really looking forward to the Given movie that’s airing in English on Feb. 3rd. It continues the story left off in season one and covers the topics of grief and romance while incorporating aspects of music since they are in a band,” she said. “Most people are probably anticipating the entirety of the 4th season of Attack on Titan or the 2nd season of The Promised Neverland since they are both really popular shows.” 

Pushing aside the month of January, a bunch of other new seasons and shows are set to release, such as the 5th season of My Hero Academia, set to premiere on Mar. 27, the 5th season–or Part 6–of Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure, and Demon Slayer the Movie: Mugen Train and the second season. Mappa Studios, a famous production team that produced popular animes, such as the 4th season of Attack on Titan, Dorohedoro, Jujutsu Kaisen, and God of Highschool, is bringing-to-life a famous manga that anime fans and manga readers love, which is called Chainsaw Man. 

All in all, anime fans are thrilled for what 2021 has in stock for them. Anime has been highly popular all over the world, especially during quarantine since they have a variety of flavors of anime genres, starting from slice of life, romance, then to sci-fi fantasy dramas. A lot of people find comfort in watching anime, and they can even discuss it as a community, sharing their views on shows, movies, and so forth. While 2020 endlessly dragged people through distraught, 2021 was handed down to Earth like a gift, and the anime fans happily accept it.