What’s Cooking in the Gaming World?

New and upcoming video games releasing in 2021!

Remy Ramirez, Staff Writer

So we’re off to a new and exciting year in the world of gaming! 2021 promises new games for a variety of different consoles and gaming tastes. From ‘Little Nightmares 2,’ a suspenseful horror platform game, to ‘Horizon Forbidden West,’ a post-apocalyptic action-roleplaying game, there’s something in it for all gamers alike. Another thing to look forward to in 2021 are newer versions of well-known games, like ‘Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2,’ ‘Hitman 3,’ ‘Psychonauts 2,’ and ‘Resident Evil Village.’ It would be interesting to see how these games match up to their earlier additions.

Sophomore, Angela Cuevas, says that she is excited to play ‘Little Nightmares 2.’ “I’ve seen my favorite Youtubers, such as Berleezy and CoryxKenshin, play the game, and all in all it makes me want to get the game and experience the suspense and the emotional rollercoaster ride it has in store for me.” She continues by describing how she was impressed by the “unsettling theme” and the “grotesque visual arts” of the game, amping her to want to buy the game even more.

Another sophomore student, Liam Bent, says that he is thrilled for an upcoming game called ‘Ghostwire: Tokyo.’ “I really liked how the creators of The Evil Within made the game,” he says. “So when I heard that the creators were making the new game Ghostwire: Tokyo, I couldn’t help but to see what it was about. The games look phenomenal, on top of that I always loved games that have horror mixed with action, like Resident Evil. I can’t wait for the game to come out on PC, and I know I won’t be leaving my room any time soon when that happens.”

Another well-loved classic is making a comeback in 2021. Minecraft, a game that soared in popularity back in 2013 is making its rounds again with the help of platforms such as Twitch and Youtube which means higher video input that brings in more viewers and players. To add, Minecraft includes servers, which lets users join the servers so that they can meet other people and play minigames with them. Another game that is climbing back into the ranks of popularity this year is Roblox. Many users who play Roblox are usually seen playing parkour mini games or horror games with their friends. Just recently, the creators of Roblox confirmed that there is going to be a voice chat service, where gamers can come online and voice chat with fellow gamers while playing minigames. It will join the likes of the popular online voice chat platform Discord.

All in all, while 2020 gave us spectacular games such as Last of Us 2 and the remake of Final Fantasy 7, 2021 is cooking up some really exciting games for thrill seeking gamers. It’s a nice way to socialize and keep up with a circle of friends while in quarantine. Many gamers can’t wait to wait to see what’s in store for them.