Teacher of the Year

Ms. Pein is Coral Glades’ Teacher of the Year. She is in charge of SGA (student government association) and also teaches ECE (early childhood education). She also used to teach intensive reading. “I’ve been teaching for 5 years here at coral glades high school while I’ve been teaching I’ve taught intensive reading, early childhood education, and student government association,” Ms. Pein said. She attended college here in Florida as well, before becoming a teacher here at Coral Glades. “I went to school at Broward college where I studied exceptional student education and received my Bachelors Degree with a reading endorsement and ESOL endorsement,” Pein said.

In her ECE class, students can learn how to be a preschool teacher. She says, “In early childhood students are able to receive a national certificate called a CDA, which allows students to become a preschool teacher right upon graduation. Those students enter local elementary schools such as Westchester Elementary, as well as Maplewood, and Parkside Elementary. In SGA, students plan events for the school. “Student government association are the students who are in the leadership program or they run homecoming, pep rally, and organizations that work with the community that help students increase school spirit.”

Being told that you are Teacher of the Year is definitely something really exciting and a huge honor. “I was very honored and very shocked when they came into my classroom, I didn’t know how to act. However, I am very very thankful for this opportunity and to be honored and to represent our school” said Pein. Coral Glades is happy to have a teacher like Ms.Pein to represent our school. Lots of staff are very proud of Ms. Pein for receiving teacher of the year. “Ms. Pein is a rock star teacher that goes above and beyond for coral glades. She has a great rapport with kids and staff who love her positive smile and kind heart. We are lucky to have her at coral glades,” Principal Dr. Kaplan said.