Single persons guide to surviving Valentines day

In high school Valentines day can be hard for Singles everywhere

Valentine’s Day is the annual holiday where you express your love towards people who you care for. Valentine’s Day always happens on February 14th and is a way for people to express their love for that special someone. These ways include gifts, romance, and spending quality time with each other. For some who don’t have a significant other this holiday can make them feel lonely and occasionaly cringy to see all the happy love birds.

While Valentine’s Day is appreciated in many ways, there are some people who believe differently. Many do not get as affectionate as others may, and this can cause controversy during this holiday. As many find themselves without a significant other on this day, it can serve as a reminder of loneliness. “Valentine’s day is a cute holiday but some boys say that just because you’re dating means that they don’t have to ask out their girlfriends which is wrong, other than that I think that the holiday is a great way to get close with a partner or a friend.” Says Melanie Vargas, Sophomore, grade 10. “I understand why people hate on Valentine’s Day, seeing as they are left out and it’s rubbed in their faces. But I think Valentine’s Day is overly hated. It’s a really sweet holiday and I think it’s cute,” Emily Drummond Vasquez, Sophomore, said. As we put the hate aside, Valentine’s Day is a great way to spend time with your friends, family, and loved ones.

However, this day does not only serve couples, but can be used as a way to show love and affection to friends and family as well. As people differ, the day sits on a spectrum of many different opinions. “I don’t like Valentine’s day because I hate affection,” Victoria Vasquez, sophomore, said.

Valentine’s Day is a celebrated holiday, but many forget about the people who are single on this day. It can feel very lonely, so if you see someone sitting alone on this day, give them a wave or a smile. As we put the hate aside, Valentine’s Day is a great way to spend time with your friends, family, and loved ones.