BREAKING NEWS
The Student News Site of Coral Glades High School

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Prowl

Cease-Fire in Gaza

A limited cease-fire negotiated to permit the release of numbers of persons taken prisoner during Hamas’ incursion on Israel is anticipated to provide the first reprieve to war-weary Palestinians in Gaza and a ray of hope to the detainees’ relatives.

This comes after the war has been going on since October 7, 2023 and has been raging on ever since, unlike the Russia-Ukraine war that has been going on since February 24th, 2022. 

This war has been very problematic and very tough on a lot of people and it has been so controversial and a lot of people have had to try and cope with the fact that their lives have been changed forever.

People have continuously called on the government officials to try and help with this war and the people have not been safe throughout this war. There has been a spread of fake news over who is the antagonist and who is the protagonist.

Renaja Rolle, Sophomore said “ I think it’s very sad and the people do not deserve it, the people being killed in front of their families is truly sad and something needs to be done to stop this war”.

This spread of fake news has been causing confusion and has been constantly changing and being viewed differently by people. The war has been based on the belief of essentially what’s right and what’s wrong.

The war has caused a lot of people to take sides in this war and has caused shifting and barriers and caused division between the two countries and many people throughout the world. 

Kevin Dean, Senior said “ I think it’s unfair and I don’t know who is who”.

People have been taking sides and been getting backlash for what they believe in and what they believe is right in their own vision and other people don’t see it that way.

Americans and all alike have been controversial to say the least about this war and it has been from the beginning but there was a breakthrough in this war with the cease-fire coming through with the release of hostages.

And the support from other countries and the extension of the cease fire by 2 days from today November 27th, 2023. Will continue to support and access aid from other countries and hopes of a peaceful outcome in this war.