BREAKING NEWS
The Student News Site of Coral Glades High School

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Prowl

My Breakup With High School

Dear High School,

It has been a rough four years but we have officially come to an end. My first time entering high school I was so nervous but so excited about all the new possibilities of making friends and experiencing new things. High school has taught me so much, not just in academics but about life and relationships and even myself and because of that, I will forever be grateful. One of the key experiences from high school was journalism, because it made me discover my passion for writing, and not only that, I met one of the most amazing people who will forever hold a special place in my heart. Although journalism has had its ups and downs, I will never be one to regret taking this class. This class has introduced me to one of the most respected people I know.

I believe that I am the best fit to give my incoming seniors some advice for their last year of high school. I would say to cherish the time you have before you don’t have any left because time flies and in a blink of an eye you are counting the days for graduation. Senior year is filled with bitter-sweet times so surround it with people that love you and care about you. It will be one of your most remembered years so build connections with people you haven’t already, go to that party, hang out with your friends, and just have fun but be safe because you never know what could happen. Another thing, please do not delay in making your high school resume and apply to college as early as possible. From my experience in the college application process what I did and it went extremely well for me was applying early and starting your applications as soon as you can, because as the year goes on it’s true, you get lazy so do it as soon as possible so you won’t have to worry about anything related to college the rest of the year. Lastly, relax! Have fun and enjoy the time you have, senior year is the sweetest year of them all, it is filled with moments you will remember forever so be involved and be a part of your senior communitydon’t be afraid to be who you want to be because before you know it, you’re at the finish line.

High school can be stressful, especially during things like testing season, etc. It can be rough cramming things last minute and being completely nervous but this is only for a small period. Overall high school teaches you so many things and it is such a crucial learning experience for everyone so enjoy it while you can. You may not like a lot of people and people may not like you, but at the end of the day, you will always remember the good things about high school, instead of the bad. Being a student in Coral Glades has taught me leadership and courage. This school has taught me who I want to be and who I am, and because of that, I will remember these four years forever.

Signing out,

Daniela Rubio