Categories:

Are School Trips worth the Price?

Are School Trips worth the Price?

Trips to theme parks and out-of-state resorts are objectively expensive. Especially for an entire family of four or more. For this reason and many others,  is why students love to go on these trips with their school when presented with the opportunity. It can be fun to go by yourself with other class members and to not have your parents around 24/7. However, the price of these trips can be expensive for some students, and whether these students can afford it or not, the prices should not be so high.  

Places like Universal Studios, and Disney World are immensely popular theme parks in Florida. A lot of schools in this area visit these places for their yearly trips. Both parks and many more are considered exciting and fun with many things to do for all ages.  

Since it is all filled with plenty of things to do, of course, the tickets and food will not be free, however, for students, the cost needs to be lowered. “It seems very fun on all those school trips but no I do not think the price is actually worth it.” Aaliyah O’Keefe, a freshman said.  

For some parks, the price is understandable if it is a large and popular company. What does not make sense to most people is if the tickets get paid for, why does it not cover everything? Like the food, since it is typically the important thing. Would people have to pay for a ticket and at the park pay for their food as well? It is all so unnecessary.  

Now adding an entire student body of kids. The schools include food in their ticket, but somehow it ends up becoming entirely more expensive. Especially since most school trips to these parks are one day, it begs the question of is the ticket price worth it. 

Again, there are many benefits to a one-day school field trip, and it is an exciting experience to be with your friends and appreciate the new sites you get to see all while having independence for an entire day. “The school trips are fun, and we get a lot of freedom for a day but it’s way too expensive for just a school trip.” Seth Goldberg, a freshman said. All aspects of trips are great, but the administration does not see how preposterous it is for trips to be at such an excessive cost for the students. 

Why should students pay extra just because of a school trip? A student who has a car could easily pay less to go just for one day. That is what is so surprising about how expensive the prices are: students do not need to pay such an amount when they can save up and pay less. Then again, the student decides todecides, it is the student’s decision to pay and go on a school trip, so the question is in their hands.