Save What’s Left and Their Amazing Cause!

Coral Glades wouldn’t be the same without our beautiful gardens and trees. It’s one of the features that makes our school different from others- the way we incorporate nature into our lively campus makes it feel more welcoming and homey! We have Save What’s Left to thank for this- an environmental club that focuses on cleaning up after ourselves and keeping our gardens in pristine condition. 

Save What’s Left (SWL) was first founded in 1987 by 30 high school students who were determined to conserve land. Over the years, the club has grown, and now boasts over 300 members in Broward County.

At our school, SWL is sponsored by Mrs. Kessler, who teaches environmental classes- mainly AICE Marine Science and AP Environmental Science. The club mainly focuses on maintaining our gardens, located outside of the yellow and blue hallways, and keeping our grass areas clean.

Students can earn service hours through this club- whether it be by participating in their garden cleanups or going to their general meetings, SWL offers a lot of opportunity to get involved and make a positive impact on the school. 

Faith Kwong, the club’s president, is very passionate about their cause. 

“I’ve been in Save What’s Left since my sophomore year and I really hope to see this club continue to grow. I love taking care of our gardens and our school’s surrounding environment. It’s a really fun and social class, I totally recommend you join it!”

SWL is definitely an underrated club that deserves more attention for their cause. You can learn more about this club by visiting room 229 or reaching out to one of the officers!