BREAKING NEWS
The Student News Site of Coral Glades High School

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Prowl

Do Jobs After School Affect Performances in School?

Does having an after-school job affect your school performance?

Many high school students have an after-school job, but that may be affecting their school performance. The thought of getting an after-school job may sound great’ but there are so many things you should think about before you do so. The main thing you should think about is if your work schedule will affect your performance in school.

Working many hours and not getting enough sleep will have a very negative effect not only on your school work but also on your health. “Sleep is like the golden chain that binds our health and body together,” says Thomas Dekker, 12th grade.

Having an after-school job does not work for everyone. Why you may ask? That’s because having to balance a job and school work is very hard.

To balance the two, you would have to have very good time management skills. This is an important skill to have because you have to prioritize your school work “above” your job recruitment.

Maybe you have an important assignment due at 11:59 p.m., but you don’t get off work until 11:30 p.m. What are you going to do then? You may think missing this one assignment wouldn’t have an impact on your grades, but this assignment is half your grade, you can’t call out because you’ve called out too many times this week trying to catch up on your assignments.

You may think just because you have a job now that you don’t have to focus on school that much. However, Your education is the most important thing you can get. you may have a job now, but do you see yourself at the same job three years from now?

Our high school jobs are just temporary, so putting all your focus into your job isn’t something you should do. The most important thing is to focus on “your education, as you can’t get far without a good educational background.

It is not just about qualifications to get a job, It’s about being educated, says Zaha Hadid 12th grade.