BREAKING NEWS
The Student News Site of Coral Glades High School

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Prowl

Stanley vs. Yeti: Is There a Difference or are They Just The Same?

Stanley’s and Yeti’s are everywhere. Everyone has one or the other. 

In recent years, a huge debate has been going on. Stanley Cup fans and Yeti Cup fans can become heated when discussing which cup is better but the question is.. is there a difference?

“I have a Yeti and I really like it… I have heard about the Stanley though and I don’t know if there is a difference.” says Sofia Lewis, sophomore.

The cups are both stainless steel, they can’t be too different, can they? Well turns out, there are a few differences between the two cups. Some people own both and are fine with both however, some prefer one over the other, arguing that they are not similar whatsoever.

Similarities

Let’s first get those similarities out of the way. Both Stanley and Yeti are stainless steel cups. Stainless steel cups are made to keep your drink cold for up to 6 hours.

These cups are helpful for people who have long days at work or school and enjoy ice-cold drinks. Yetis and Stanleys have cups with handles on them for easy use. 

From a further glance, it may seem that these cups are the same. It may seem as if there is absolutely no difference. 

However, researchers and reviewers have realized that this is far from the truth.  

Differences/research

Colors:

To start, the cups each come in a different variety of colors. Stanley comes in more pastel and soft colors while Yeti comes in more bright colors. Some people prefer other colors over others, which may be a reason why they prefer a different cup over the other as well.

Sizes:

Stanley cups can go up to 40 ounces while Yeti cups can only go up to 35 ounces. This is not a huge difference but if you’re looking to be more hydrated, Stanley is definitely the right choice. But hey, it’s also only a 5-ounce difference.

The lids:

Stanley’s lid can rotate and open the hole for a straw. While the Yeti only has a straw opening. Some argue that it isn’t a big inconvenience anyway because who wouldn’t want to use a straw in this huge cup?

Conclusion 

There are many differences between these cups which may sway your decision when buying one of them. They cup in different sizes, and colors and the lids are quite different.

“They are a little different… well they are similar but they’re different when it comes to looks.” said junior, Gianni Rodriguez.

If you somehow stumbled across this article, you probably are wondering which one you should buy. Whether it’s for your best friend, a family member, or yourself. Now that you know the differences, you will have a much better understanding of which one might be the most suitable.