Ins & Outs for 2024

Ins & Outs for 2024

The New Year has come around, which of course is an exciting time for everyone. For people who had a horrible year and are ready for a fresh start, or the people who had an amazing year and are ready to make the next one even better. 

Then of course, there are the people who just had an all-around okay year and want to take control and make sure the next year goes in their favor. This is where New Year’s resolutions come in. 

New Year resolutions are a concept that was made to better improve your habits or lack thereof. However, resolutions are “out” and there is a new tradition that was created. 

Ins and Outs for 2024, this is a new trend similar to resolutions that is circulating all over TikTok. The whole idea is to make a list of intentions or things that you hope to keep for the New Year and some intended concepts to get rid of or leave in 2023, ergo Ins and Outs. 

There is a very specific way of creating this list.

Firstly, go into a notes app and start creating a list with bullet points. Separate this list into two sections. One section with the things you want to bring into the new year with you and the other section with ideas you would want to leave in the previous year. The next step is crucial.

Each section should have different emojis. Instead of bullet points used in the list, there should be emojis. The emojis should indicate whether that section is In or Out. 

For example, try using your favorite emoji for your In section and use your least favorite for the Outs section. 

“Ins: Working out, Dyed hair, good SAT scores, manifestation

Outs: Not studying, Dead ends, Having no pencils” – Lorelai Stake Malone, junior

“The In emojis must be coquette because otherwise you’re doing it wrong.” – Daniela Rubio, senior