New Coach for the Jaguars

Coral Glades has gone through major changes throughout the past year, one of them being the addition of a new coach for the Varsity football team, Rocco Casullo.

This coach would replace Coach Cam Thomas who was with us Jaguars for five years.

This new coach happens to have someone very close to him in the industry already. His dad, Bob Casullo, is a former NFL coach. He had been coaching for 10 years in the NFL with four different good teams. 

Before coming to Coral Glades, Rocco had been working at St. Thomas Aquinas and was their coach throughout the five state championships that they won. He studied under George Smith for eight years.

This school is known for its great achievements in most of its sports, including football and soccer. 

Rocco was even head coach for two of these enormous wins.

The kids on the team seem to enjoy him and say that he is a good coach. The controversy of Coral Glades, continuing to lose, might not have to do with the coach itself.

Elijah Thompson, a Senior football player says, “This new coach this season was a readjustment which is always how it is the start of a new season. You could tell he was experienced and knew what he was talking about.”

So, even if you have the best coach ever, you might not have the best players!

Coach Casullo had also gone to Cypress Bay High in 2020 to help out with their losing streak.

Mr. Casullo having all of this experience added to why our principal, Dr. Kaplan, really wanted him to be a part of our team.

Dr. Kaplan stated, “He brings a wealth of championship experience to Coral Glades and our expectations for our sports program is always to try to compete at the highest level. We want to bring state championships to the jungle.”

This new addition will hopefully bring the Jaguars more luck in the next year with getting farther in this High School football league. Next year is our year fellas! Go Jags!