BREAKING NEWS
The Student News Site of Coral Glades High School

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Prowl

Lisa Frankenstein

Lisa+Frankenstein

A new Horror/Comedy was released on Tuesday, February 9, 2024. IMDb’s description of the movie says it is “a coming of RAGE love story about a teenager and her crush, who happens to be a corpse. After a set of horrific circumstances bring him back to life, the two embark on a journey to find love, happiness – and a few missing body parts.” 

Lisa Frankenstein is available in theaters only, however, it will be available to stream on Peacock and then later on be added to Amazon Prime Video. 

“I am not familiar with the movie. But, I do know the famous movies that have been released in the past,” says Noah Rosen, a junior. “I just hope the movie is semi-decent even though the reviews have not been as good as expected.”

The lead role of ‘Lisa Swallows’ is played by Kathryn Newton, who also plays in MCU’s “Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantamania” alongside Cole Sprouse who has been in several famous shows such as ‘Friends’, ‘The Suite Life of Zack and Cody’, and more recently ‘Riverdale’.

Currently, Lisa Frankenstein shows disappointing reviews being rated 6.6 out of 10 on IMDb, 50% on Rotten Tomatoes, and 48% on Metacritic. It is directed by Zelda Williams who voiced Kuvira on ‘The Legend of Korra’ and had a $13 million budget. The new Frankenstein movie has a runtime of one hour and forty-one minutes and is rated PG-13. 

However, reviews on Google show better responses at an average of 4.2 stars out of 5. There have been about 300 ratings in total with most of them being rated at 5 stars but followed by a close 1 and 4 stars.

“While I have not seen this movie yet, I am a huge fan of ‘Frankenstein’, ‘The Bride of Frankenstein’, ‘The Curse of Frankenstein’, and ‘Son of Frankenstein’. I have very high hopes that this movie will live up to the insane legacy that Boris Karloff left from his beautiful portrayal of Frankenstein’s monster,” said Gianna Ierubino, a freshman at Coral Glades High School.