BREAKING NEWS
The Student News Site of Coral Glades High School

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Prowl

Texas Star WR Breaks Combine Record

Texas star wideout Xavier Worthy broke the NFL’s combine 40m dash time coming in at a 4.21, which broke the previous record held by former Kansas City wide receiver John Ross. 

This comes after Worthy previously ran a 4.25, but the guy who previously beat him was forced into retirement based on injury. This also comes after Worthy was called one of the most electric players of the NFL draft.

The draft starts on April 25th-April 27th, with prospects: Caleb Williams, Bo Nix, and Blake Corum, all being stars in this draft. But even with Worthy’s combined performance, some experts are still predicting him dropping out of the first round while some people are predicting that Worthy will be the first receiver taken off of the board.

Worthy being questioned about his ability to perform on the NFL level has led to some criticism by analysts, which caused Worthy to respond by saying, “Look at the tape, this ain’t no fluke”. According to Worthy, he is a real first-round talent.

Now with Marvin Harrison Jr being predicted as the 2nd pick in the NFL draft behind Caleb Williams, this performance has teams wondering if Worthy can live up to the hype. The NFL draft is slatted with tons of talent. 

This Draft does not fall short of the talent that many NFL teams need. One team in particular that is looking at Worthy is The Miami Dolphins, who already have tons of speed like Tyreek Hill, Jaylen Waddle, and DeVon Arcane. They are looking to improve their freaky speed team which will boost their WR and RB core even more, so some teams see this as a boost. 

Other teams also see this as something that could just be another fast wide receiver who does not live up to the hype and cannot make plays beyond what he has previously played. 

A lot of teams do not focus on really needing a wide receiver core rather than needing a good quarterback to build around first. We will see where this star wideout will land during the NFL draft on April 25th- 27th.