Dune: Part Two

Dune 2 is a film adaptation of the popular science fiction franchise called the Dune Chronicles that originated with the 1965 novel Dune by Frank Herbert and has continued its publications. 

Dune is recorded as the best-selling science fiction novel in history it has won many awards including the Nebula award for best novel and the Hugo award in 1966 and was later made into a 1984 film, a 2000 television miniseries, and a two-part series with the first film in 2021 and now the second in 2024.

Denis Villeneuve, who also co-wrote the screenplay with Jon Spaihts, is the director and co-producer of the 2024 American science fiction film Dune: Part Two. Distributed by Warner Bros. and produced by Legendary Pictures.

Dune takes place thousands of years in the future and where humans have colonized a vast number of planets. The first film follows Paul Atreides and his family, the noble House Atreides and in an attempt to destroy the strongest noble family and gain more authority the emperor gives the order for the noble house of Atreides into a war for the deadly and inhospitable desert planet called Arrakis inhabited by people called the Fremen.

After basic knowledge of the first film, the second continues after the fall of the house of Atreides. Paul Atreides allies up with Chani and the Fremen in an effort to get revenge on those responsible for his family’s devastation. He must avert a dreadful destiny that only he can predict, forced to choose between the love of his life and the fate of the universe.

The amazing performance of the cast of Dune who is played, Zendaya as Chani the youth and rebellious Fremen warrior and Paul’s love interest. Timothee Chalamet as Paul “Muad Dib” Atreides the exiled Duke of House Atreides, who teams up with the Fremen people to crush the house of Harkonnen. Lady Jessica, Paul’s mother is played by Rebecca Ferguson, Florence Pugh as Princess Irulan, And Austin Butler as Feyd-Rautha Harkonnen, Baron Vladimir Harkonnen’s youngest nephew and heir to House Harkonnen. 

The release date of Dune: Part 2 was originally set for November 3, 2023, but was postponed because of labor issues in Hollywood. On February 6 2024 the movie made its global premiere at Mexico City’s Auditorio Nacional. On March 1, it was released in the United States. Despite an estimated 190 million budget it has earned amazing reviews from critics and has made over 204 million in international box revenue, ranking as the sixth highest-grossing movie of 2024.

“I saw Dune 1 last weekend and I’m planning to watch Dune Part Two and see if it lives up to its hype so I have high expectations” ” says Mr Deleeuw, a teacher

“I haven’t seen either movie but I’ve seen very interesting clips of the movie on TikTok and it convinced me to watch it, so I might give it a go,” says Narayani S, a freshman.