Coral Glades announces a Junior Jaguars program for VPK!

Source: brevard public schools

In recent news, VPK students will now be allowed to attend Coral Glades High School because of the Junior Jaguars program. This is an exciting way for the younger students to interact with the older ones. 

This program will be very beneficial for many different reasons. It allows high school students to learn how to deal with these little ones by socializing with them. In addition to this, it can also benefit the kids. There are mixed opinions about the program throughout the town. All of these details will be discussed in this article.

What are the goals of the program?

According to a local article, Dr. Kaplan spoke on how he has over 100 students who are a part of the Early Childhood program, which is an elective you can choose to take here at Coral Glades. He believes that this will be pretty helpful to their education. Some students have younger siblings and younger cousins but there are a few that don’t have much interaction with them. 

As stated before, the VPK kids will also be learning from this program. Socialization is key and usually, they socialize with students of their age range. Interacting with or watching high schoolers would help them learn about how they may act.

“I think bringing in these kids can have some benefits and I’m excited for it to happen!” says junior Samara Price.

The main goal of the program is to create a brand-new learning environment that will be beneficial to all of the students. Now this is a huge change since it will no longer only be a high school. But it’s also very exciting because of the knowledge that will come out of it.

When will it start?

The Junior Jaguars program will officially begin during the 2024/2025 school year. This change also has come with a bunch of different opinions. Some students don’t think it is happening at all.

“I feel like that’s going to cost a lot of money and it’ll take time to hire more staff.. Not that I don’t want it to happen, it’s just expensive and hard work,” sophomore Edward Marcisak stated.

Some students are confused about how this program might work while others are super excited about it. Either way, this intriguing new idea will definitely switch things up!