BREAKING NEWS
The Student News Site of Coral Glades High School

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Prowl

Rappers Chris Brown and Quavo have Gained Internet Beef

You may have heard of the new song that’s going viral by Chris Brown dissing Quavo. They seem to be having some beef going on and to get back at Quavo, Chris Brown dropped a new song called Weakness Link where he talks about some of the things he did to get back at Quavo. 

But many are wondering what caused this, this started back in 2010 when Chris Brown dated American socialite actress Karrueche Tran for five years on and off. Chris and Karrueche Tran later ended things and this is when their friendship went downhill. 

Quavo and Karrueche Tran were later spotted together many times before coming out and saying that they were dating. Chris later found out about their relationship and this put a strain on their friendship. Chris later expressed how he felt about Quavo dating his old girlfriend. Sources say that Chris expressed he felt betrayed by Quavo for dating his ex-girlfriend as they were business and personal friends.

“I feel like this beef is just for nothing because he could have just talked it out with Quavo instead of making a whole song about it“, says Kevin, a senior. 

It was later revealed, that Chris’ ex-girlfriend Karrueche Tran took out a restraining order against Chris. Following the restraining order is when it’s said that the relationship with Quavo and Karrueche began. Many fans are saying she got the restraining order so she and Quavo can date with no issues.

I feel like Chris Brown is wrong for saying what he said in the song but, I also get how he feels because one of his closest friends just betrayed”, says Renaja Rolle, a sophomore.

It later came out that rapper Sweetie and Chris Brown were dating for a short period until they ended things in 2021. Fans were shocked because Quavo and Sweetie dated for three years. Some fans think  Chris did this to get back at Quavo for dating his ex-girlfriend.