Police Close Off Part of University Drive in Coral Springs to Repair Gas Leak

A major gas leak caused the closing of a part of University Drive in Coral Springs on Monday afternoon, which disrupted notable traffic and prompted safety concerns. The leakage happened at Wiles Road and University Drive, where road expansion workers accidentally severed a one-inch-long gas pipe.

The Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department posted it on social media shortly after 4:30 p.m., prompting emergency services’ prompt action. Deputy Chief Mike Moser said that both northbound and southbound lanes were closed from North Springs Way to Wiles Road for the repair work to be carried out and to keep the public safe.

Joshua Andrade, a sophomore, commented, “It’s frustrating to deal with these closures, but it’s good to know they’re keeping us safe.

Staff members of another business nearby were evacuated as a precautionary measure due to the presence of the faulty pipe. This crisis was effectively handled by Sunrise Hazmat teams and Broward Sheriff’s Office who sealed off the leak by about 5 p.m. There were no injuries reported, and the road was reopened soon after the containment of the leakage took place.

Kalea Honda, a sophomore, added, “I’m glad no one was hurt. Hopefully, they can finish the roadwork soon without more problems.”

Construction activities are to blame for this occurrence just like one similar had happened on the seventeenth of April. The two incidents serve as a reminder that the roadworks currently being carried out along University Drive in northern Coral Springs pose many obstacles.

For road closures and safety advisories, residents and commuters should follow the Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department’s social media accounts. To avoid any further incidents and guarantee community well-being, constant communication with construction teams is necessary.