Holiday Spirit at Coral Glades

The Holiday spirit makes its way to Coral Glades High during the annual Christmas season spirit week. The students get to celebrate that holiday spirit while also showing and representing the school spirit that everyone knows and loves. 

The week is separated by new themes. Therefore every day is a new and specific theme.

This annual spirit week was hosted by Coral Glades SGA (Student Government Association) as well as all of the spirit weeks and most of the spirit-related events throughout the school year. 

The first theme of the week was Ugly Sweater Day. All of the students at Coral Glades High mostly stuck with Christmas sweaters. Ranging from all kinds of levels on the ugly scale. 

The second theme of the week was PJ Day. This day was the most popular of all the days. Honestly, who would pass up a day of getting to go to school in their pajamas without getting dress-coded? No one at Coral Glades, that’s for sure. 

“It’s super cool to see everyone at school who most of the time isn’t all into school spirit. I feel like Holiday Spirit Week has more people participating than any other school spirit event.- Ricardo Ozuna, junior 

Day number three’s theme was family Christmas photos. This day consisted of mostly friend groups color-coordinating outfits. This day took some creativity from the students however was a major success. 

The fourth day AKA Thursday was Holiday sock day. This day was the most discrete on the school spirit but was still very much present. This day was the day that had the most participants.

Lastly, Day 5 was Flannel Friday. Our students were all very enthusiastic about this day. Everyone embodied their lumberjack visions with their outfits.

“I’m very much a Christmas girl and seeing everyone dressed up in all their Christmas merch brings that Holiday vibe to the school. Which is very much needed especially since Midterms are the week after. The Holiday vibes are needed to get through that super stressful week.” 

This Spirit Week showed how united our school community is when it comes to school spirit and the Holidays.