Drivers Education at Coral Glades

Coral Glades is now hosting Drivers Ed in our backyard. Broward County Public Schools has been holding driver’s Ed for over 10 years now but this year we’re hosting it at Coral Glades.

This whole process starts in January and ends in March when the permit and license tests are held.

There are three different teachers that run this driver’s Ed, two teachers are from Stoneman Douglas, and one from Coral Glades. 

They’ve all been through a thorough process on how to teach us to drive so they are very much qualified.

They teach an abundance of things, such as parking, turns, having to drive on 2 to 4 Lane streets, real life reaction time, etc. However, that’s only if you have acquired your permit.

Melanie Vargas, a Senior and second-year student in this course explains, “This course is such a nice resource for students. The teachers are great and know how to teach you right. I’ve gotten my permit through them and I am now getting my license through them. You learn a lot and it is a great class to take for new drivers.”

Even if you haven’t gotten a chance to get your permit, it is still a great learning ability for new drivers. 

You still get some driving experience behind the wheel since you can go in the parking lot without your permit. So you can still learn how to do some of the basic stuff that you might not be able to learn until you get your permit.

They also partner you with someone that is about to get their license to try to teach you a little bit one on one about how to do simple tasks in the lot.

This is nice because you get to talk to the people we’re going to be with for nine Saturdays in a row and get to know them and they’re driving abilities.

Also, it normally helps when someone your age is teaching you how to do things instead of someone older.

Another thing about this program that is very beneficial is the inside work that they provide. They show PowerPoints and videos on important rules of the road, they’re very educational and they make it fun to learn about.

Every student without their license could benefit from this class. It is a free way to learn how to drive without your parents nagging at you trying to be the backseat driver. Sign up to try, there are two different sessions that you can do within the summer. It is a random raffle though. Look at the link for when you can sign up, good luck!

https://www.browardschools.com/driversed