CGHS Jags are Coming Home

On Friday the Coral Glades Jaguars faced Deerfield’s new football team. However this was no ordinary match- they faced their old coach.

Emotions were running very high for both teams, and they played for something more than themselves.  

The Jaguars love football, and they showed it. The game started off good for the jags and it was a hard-fought score for Corey Grant. 

“You guys had the game but some of the players weren’t in the right headspace” said Remaja, a sophomore. 

Corey Grant drove the jaguars down the field and scored on their opening drive. The jags worked hard to get down to their score and overcame 3 4th downs. 

Jordan Ulysses, A senior said, “it took all of us on defense to help overcome the pounding rushing offense”. The jags defense held and got 5 turnovers on the Deerfield bucks. 

The Jags fought throughout the entire first half of the game, but the Bucks still had the lead after scoring at halftime. The Jags rallied a comeback and tied the game after coming back out of halftime and then the buck’s offense just stifled the jags defense and the jags fell short of the win. 

This was a hard-fought game but in the end the bucks had more of what it took to win. The first win for the coach cam at Deerfield coming back into coral glades on a new coaching staff.  

Obviously, a disappointment for the coral glades jaguars as they have a short week next week as they go and face Miramar at Miramar next week. The jags have to get back on track if they want a shot at the playoffs. 

“The game was a fun experience, although I did not watch the game,” said Gabriela, a freshman.   

The Jags have a tough schedule as they face cypress bay next week a team who made the playoffs last year and blew out the Coral Glades’ Jaguars.  

Until next time, let’s see if the Jags can get back on track this week against Miramar.