An Introduction to the Prowl Podcast

Here at Coral Glades High School The Prowl, aka the newspaper club/class, has many interesting components to it. From articles about the happenings at school to “Jag Brags” on what students accomplish, the editors have worked very hard to implement something new and exciting… The Prowl Podcast.

It’s edited by Meilia Hartley and Maddie Pelaez, two seniors on the newspaper staff. They introduced themselves in their first episode on YouTube and played an icebreaker game to let their audience get to know them. 

This podcast has been something in the works for newspaper for some time now, and it’s finally coming together. On their Instagram, The Prowl has been posting sneak peeks and behind-the-scenes to build up excitement for its premiere.

Allyssa Millian, Senior, is one of the co-editors in chief of The Prowl, has been excited about this project for the longest and says, “We’ve talked about this for a year now, so to finally have our own podcast up and running is super exciting for us and shows how much we’ve grown and how far we’ve come as editors of The Prowl.”

Through this podcast, The Prowl hopes to expand their class/club, as well as have the opportunity to reach students who are interested in pursuing journalism. 

The Prowl podcast also serves as a platform for people who find reading news tedious. It is a source that has a good balance of entertainment and important news so you don’t get bored as easily.

Sophia Herrera, Senior, is the other co-editor-in-chief of The Prowl is very enthusiastic and has great expectations for the podcast and commented, “I think that the podcast is going to be a really great way to promote newspaper and get other kids interested in our class/club. I think it’s also a really cool way to feature clubs that are not too known about or feature really cool stories that students have. I’m really excited, and I’m looking forward to how it will turn out.” 

Another exciting factor of The Prowl podcast is that it has a lot of student involvement. There will be sign-up sheets if you want an opportunity to be a guest and have a chance to report news and play fun games with our hosts.

Overall, it’s looking like the podcast is gonna be a big hit and The Prowl has big hopes for its future.