Should all the Schools in Broward County Switch to 4 day School Weeks?

This new change intrigues many students: here’s a little about the 4 day school week

Pompano Beach High School already has the 4 day school week under effect, where students have to go in Monday through Thursday, and they get Friday off.

“Personally, I think it is not a good idea. We already receive so many days off due to holidays and teacher planning. It does sound appealing- however, if the school week changes, the hours spent in school every day will increase. Children that have jobs would have trouble keeping the job and would probably have to come in later and have less time devoted to school. Many students still like this idea because they will get three days on the weekend, but I find it unnecessary.” says Manor Pniel

Not only would this plan make students’ lives easier, it would make local government’s lives easier as well as this plan would save them money overtime, such as for school lunch, which can cost a lot.

Majority of the school’s sporting events are on a Friday, so being able to give student athletes off on Friday could mentally prepare them for their game later that day. Also, by eliminating Friday, every weekend would be a 3 day weekend, which would make the students very happy.

Overall, I feel like putting the 4 day school week into effect would be good for all parties, except teachers who still have to go in.

“I mean, there are pros and cons,” says Ariana Desouza, a freshman. “On one hand, it means that we have to stay in school longer every day. But we do get that extra day free, which is definitely a huge benefit.”

Here are just a few random quotes that relate to this

“There are lots of ways to save 1 percent of the budget, none-pain free” -Paul Hill

From Poland to Australia to the US, the four day school week is implemented all around the whole entire big giant world.