Denver Nuggets Shock Lakers with Jamal Murray’s Buzzer-Beater

Denver Nuggets Shock Lakers with Jamal Murrays Buzzer-Beater

Jamal Murray’s buzzer-beater sealed a 2-0 series lead against the Los Angeles Lakers. The Denver Nuggets went on an overwhelming comeback in Game 2, going on a 32-20 run in the 4th. In the second half, they were initially down by a daunting 20 points and faced an almost insurmountable challenge from LeBron James and Anthony Davis-led Lakers’ offense.

Nevertheless, the resilience shown in this game made them bounce back to the match. It was not very smooth sailing, but Murray gave inspiration for that comeback. Murray dribbles down the court, fakes to the center, dribbles to the right with Davis defending him, with seconds left Murray puts up the shot, the crowd is silent. SWISH!!!!! The Nuggets secure game 2 on the game-winning dagger from Murray. WHAT A SHOT!

This victory does not only put the Nuggets in a very strong position, but it also brings revenge to their hearts from last year’s Western Conference Finals against the Lakers. It demonstrates that the Nuggets can perform under pressure and are truly finals contenders. “You’d be hard-pressed to find a more lethal playoff scorer than Murray, who doesn’t always have to carry his team, but is always ready to do so when the moment calls for it.”  Brad Botkin writer for CBS Sports.

The Lakers now face a very difficult task of playing catch up in their series against Denver as it moves to Los Angeles for games three, four, and 6 (if necessary). In the meantime, the Nuggets are riding a mile-high on Murray’s heroic comeback and have every reason to believe that they could build on this momentum and recreate their remarkable run of last season. “It’s a testament to the grit of this Knicks team that plays as hard and as together as any unit in the league.” –  Botkin

In a season fraught with unpredictability, these developments – especially coming after such an improbable rally by the team – are what makes basketball great. This is setting up for an epic battle between two Western Conference giants with each game telling a tale of resilience and redemption. Through and through, the Nuggets are favored to win it all, again!