Should Attendance and Behavior Affect Seniors Participating in School Events?

This year, the class of 2024 is very excited but at the same time very nervous and confused about whether or not they will be able to go to their final year events at High School. 

The two main events this year are Grad Bash at Universal Studios Orlando, a night where several Florida schools can enjoy the park and its attractions with friends, on April 13th. On the other hand, we have the Prom, one of the most anticipated nights also for seniors, where they dress elegantly to dance and have a good time with friends on May 4th.

Behavior and Attendance is extremely important for seniors to be allowed to go to events. Some think that because it is their senior year they can be more relaxed and miss classes, but that is not the case. This is the year where your school attendance and behavior matter most.

Yes, it is true that since Freshman year, students must have good behavior and attend classes, but this year the school wants the seniors to graduate with good grades, and for that they need to attend school so that they can leave well prepared for their next years in college.

Mr. Woods is in charge of managing absences and behavior of seniors and he said, “Students should not have any referrals. They must have limited excused and unexcused absences, no tardies, or they will be given Saturday school detention.” 

Yes, it should affect the attendance numbers and behavior of the students, because the grad bash and prom are rewards for having worked so hard the last four years and saying goodbye to their high school stage.

“I think it is very important for us students to maintain good behavior and thus our school remains under control, but on the other hand, the senior events are something that many have been waiting for a long time and it will be very sad if they miss it” said Genesis Sandoval, 12th grade student.

With the efforts of all students, who continue to attend classes and have good behavior, these events will be achieved and they will be able to enjoy their last year in High School!