BREAKING NEWS
The Student News Site of Coral Glades High School

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Prowl

Bringing in Something New!

National Tech Honor Society (NTHS) clubs are super cool groups in schools across the country. They’re all about celebrating students who excel in technology education. The club here at Glades is separated into four different committees, the service committee, the recognition committee, the career development committee, and the leadership committee. 

Throughout the club meetings, each committee is responsible for their own task. So the service committee volunteers their time around the community. At the 1/11 meeting, they are going to be creating Valentine’s Day cards for Aston Gardens which is our retirement home. 

The recognition committee is going to be planning the induction ceremony for the club next month. The leadership and career development committees are going to be working on bringing different careers into the club to speak about what they do and what jobs could be available to the members outside of high school. “NTHS has been an amazing club to be a part of and I love getting the opportunity to lead various service projects around the community.” Sophomore Valentina Arango said.

The club meets every other Thursday, usually two times a month for about an hour. The requirements needed are 30 service hours per semester and at least one meeting per month. You also must participate in at least one fundraiser a semester. This year you have to have a 2.5 GPA or higher, but we’ll go up to a 3.0 GPA next year. 

One benefit you would receive is a cool purple and white chord when you walk on graduation day. Plus if you join the club this year as a senior, you automatically get a cord for it at graduation, which is a major bonus! Building contacts with either corporations or businesses that you could use when you graduate will help better prepare yourself for outside school. You will have a resume, a cover letter, and a LinkedIn profile. You’ll be pretty set up after school. That way if you don’t go to college you can jump right into the workforce. Noah Rosen, 11th, said “I can’t wait to be part of this club and eventually get the cord. I am in the leadership committee and they always have people talk about leadership and jobs. The club looks like a lot of fun, I’m glad to be a part of it.”

The clubs bring in guest speakers from the tech industry, giving members a chance to learn from professionals. It’s an opportunity to gain insights into the real-world tech scene and potential career paths. 

NTHS clubs are a perfect blend of learning, fun, and community service opportunities. They’re shaping the tech leaders of tomorrow, today.