BREAKING NEWS
The Student News Site of Coral Glades High School

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Prowl

Show Stopping Promposal Ideas

Source: Wordpress.com
Source: Wordpress.com

As many of you know prom is soon approaching, and if you are interested in going with someone you might have to ask them. So why not make it exciting for both parties involved?

For starters, decorating your car with streamers and all kinds of their favorite things would be a good way to ask. 

All you have to do is choose a parking spot in school and decorate the outside of the car with window markers, leaving a sweet message asking them to prom. Fill the car with balloons and even a custom banner for that special touch, that they are sure to remember.

If your partner is a stickler for poetry, a pun-themed promposal would be a great idea, think wordplay and incorporate fun phrases like “You make me smile, which is why I was hoping you would make it worth my while and go to prom with me”, it’s all about witty and charming words. 

An extra touch would be giving them a book that somehow relates to prom or even the theme of prom. A way to set off prom would be coming up with an exciting scavenger hunt. 

This prom proposal idea would add an interactive element that anyone would love. This may seem cheesy but a promposal flash mob would surely make anyone’s day. Lulus.com stated, “From funny to low-key proposals, deciding how to ask someone to prom depends on your style–and who you’re asking. So have fun with it!”. 

Gather your friends and maybe even the cheerleading team, and make the choreography. Choose a public place, and show off those moves, this will surely be a shock to the special person this is for. 

Lastly, adding a delicious treat to the mix is sure to add a twist to this proposal. If possible, meet with a local bakery about making custom donuts that spell out the word Prom with a question mark. “If you’re looking to make a big statement, ask your date to prom through your morning announcements…” said Lulus.com.

For a special touch, decorate the box the donuts come in, along with the donuts. In addition to this, leave a personalized card that will showcase the importance this person means to you.

Whether it is a friend, sibling, or significant other; everyone deserves a special treat. While all of these ideas are fun, make sure to respect the school rules and others around you. Don’t leave a mess.