Going Back to School After This Long Break

Winter break was long and sweet, but reality sets in again as we go back to school.

Sleep, sleep, and more sleep is what this winter break consisted of for most students. Waking up on Monday mustn’t have been easy. Going from around 11 hours of sleep to getting close to 6 hours of sleep is not healthy, and many students are affected by this.

During the break no one had to wake up early for anything- no school means any and everyone could just sleep their lives away, at no cost. Waking up from a 12-hour sleep is the best and worst feeling in the morning, you wake up feeling great, then you realize it’s 2 pm and you’ve done nothing all day.

Though school seems bad and no one likes it, at least students will have the chance to be productive if they don’t work during winter break.

“I’m glad to have a regular schedule back, but I will miss sleeping in and extra long with all the free time the break gave me,” said Gianna Ierubino, Coral Glades student. “It’s going to suck having to go to the gym later, especially with all the homework. I hope I can still fit in 6 workouts a week.”

There are pros and cons to everything. But with the break ending, the cons really trump the pros. Even for adults, possibly having to go back to work if they had taken off or been off.

The end of the break is here, it’s sad to not have the free time anymore. Back to reality.

There isn’t much opinion that shows positive feedback about going back to school after the break because the lack of sleep now is such a big factor. From many many hours to very few hours, this sucks. 

“Every time there is a break from school, I start going to sleep way too late. Naturally, my body gets used to that and when we go back to school I find it so hard to go to sleep at a normal time. I am just looking forward to the next break so that I can mess up my sleep schedule again.” Said Manor Pniel, a Coral Glades junior.