BREAKING NEWS
The Student News Site of Coral Glades High School

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Prowl

Get Ahead of the Game on College Preparation

The importance of getting a head start on college!

College is right around the corner for most of us and we need to start planning for this next chapter of our life. As you may ask, well there are many ways you can do so. One way this can be done is by getting college credits in high school this may sound difficult but it’s not. With the help of the amazing counselors there at Coral Glades High School, will help guide you through it. They will help you enroll in any college that’s offering this program and even help you pick what you would like to study if you’re having trouble deciding.

The good thing about DLL Enrollment is that you’re taking college classes right there at Coral Glades. So you don’t have to worry about driving back and forth just to attend class. Or being in a new environment that you’re just not ready to be in just yet. This will also help you for when you are ready to head off to college you’ll already know what to expect from your professors.

Not only are you getting your college credits you’re also getting it for free. Broward College is offering a free DLL Enrollment class for free to students who meet the requirements. You may be getting called out of class to register for these classes. You can pick the classes you want to take and even when you would like to take them. They have summer, fall, and spring classes available.

To get full credit from these classes you need to pass the class with at least a C. DLL Enrollment sounds pretty simple and with all the help around me I feel like I can do it, says Teja Rolle junior.

“It is important to take part in dual enrollment because it prepares you for college, gives you better opportunities when applying for colleges, and gives you an upper hand!” Says DeAndra Gray, Junior. When going off to college, who wouldn’t want to make their college experience easier? Getting these credits would make it much easier for us when we go out into the real world.