BREAKING NEWS
The Student News Site of Coral Glades High School

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Prowl

Is Halloween Still a Top Tier Holiday?

The spookiest holiday of the year is currently lurking as we get closer and closer to October. It is the only night when you can practically feel the cold, crisp wind creeping up on you as the night goes by.  

Carving pumpkins, dressing in costumes, trick or treating and going to parties are popular activities that people take part in on this day but is Halloween still a relevant holiday? Do people still care about it? 

Statistics  

Researchers from Halloween Town State University have recently found out that Halloween is an inferior holiday. According to psuvanguard.com, Halloween is currently ranked close to minor holidays in the United States, based on popularity. This study has surprised many Halloween lovers. 

Opinions from students 

“I LOVE Halloween. It is my favorite holiday.” said a senior at Coral Glades High School, Aliyah Vasquez.  

Halloween has always been a favorite of Horror fans everywhere. “Usually, I spend Halloween watching scary movies.” says Aliyah Vasquez, senior. 

This is a common activity done on this day. Though many people still love Halloween, it has unfortunately lost its hype in recent years.  

It seems like nowadays adults and young adults have lost interest in dressing up for this holiday. And if they do dress up, their costumes are usually clothes they found in their closet. 

Even though these people do not dress up and participate in traditions, there are still many who are obsessed with Halloween.  

“Dressing up is the best part of Halloween in my opinion.” Edward Marcisak, a sophomore, says. 

Halloween might not be the most popular holiday out there, but it still has a ton of fans. 

Universal’s ‘Halloween Horror nights’ have also been a huge help in gaining the hype for the holiday.  

Millions of people gather there each year to get scared out of their minds during the fall.   

Each year they even produce new exciting things for their visitors to experience. 

In conclusion…  

Some people love it, some people think it is overrated, some people think it is pointless but what do you think? Is Halloween still a relevant holiday? Is spending money on costumes and candy truly worth it nowadays? Or is it just a waste? You tell me.