Coral Glades’ Annual Pep Rally

Coral Glades pep rally is coming up very soon, so if you’re interested in going and having a good time, all you need to be is a junior or a senior to attend. Unfortunately, freshmen and sophomores can’t attend the pep rally; it’s only for upperclassmen.

The pep rally will be in the gymnasium, within in your 4th or 8th-period class at the last hour of the day. If you’re not a junior or senior, you wouldn’t be allowed into the gymnasium, so don’t try to skip class thinking you will be able to get in!

It’s not fair that we underclassmen can’t go to the pep rally. I feel like everyone should be able to go, or they can just have spreads for underclassmen so they can be a part of it too. We underclassmen want to feel like we are important and can participate in fun things,” says Renaja Rolle, a sophomore. 

However, the whole point of the pep rally is to congratulate the seniors for leaving and honor the juniors moving into their last year.

The pep rallies at Coral Glades are usually fun and lively so there’s no doubt that we upperclassmen are excited. But, the talk about how much fun this will be has people wondering if this will live up to the hype.

From what we’re hearing, there will be a lot of music and dancing from different clubs and sports, even students will be participating in it. Tryouts were on April 16th, so if you were interested in participating in the pep rally, I’m afraid it’s too late for that.

In addition to this, fun games played against teachers and students will happen, which sounds like fun. Games like tug of war, dodgeball, and more. The dance team may be performing, which is always exciting to see.

Another fun thing that will be happening is senior crowns. Seniors will be able to crown their favorite juniors after the pep rally. It’s not too late to get crowns; you can get them at lunch or in room 251, they are two dollars each.

“I guess I understand why they would only want a pep rally for the upperclassmen; they are more mature and are less likely to cause problems. Plus, they have next year; they can just go then,” says DeAndra Gray, Junior.

In the mean time, enjoy your class without any seniors and you will have a chance to go in the future.