BREAKING NEWS
The Student News Site of Coral Glades High School

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Prowl

Originally In A Mountain, Now In A Bayou

Splash Mountain, a beloved classic at Disney’s theme park Magic Kingdom, is undergoing a magical transformation. The ride, known for its thrilling drops and catchy tunes, will soon be reimagined as Tiana’s Bayou Adventure.

The new ride is inspired by Disney’s “The Princess and the Frog”, featuring Tiana, the first African-American Disney princess. Visitors will journey through the enchanting world of New Orleans, filled with lively jazz music, mouthwatering cuisine, and charming bayous. The ride will take you through key moments from the movie, making you feel like you’re a part of it.

The transformation isn’t going to be simple. Disney is going all out to ensure that Tiana’s Bayou Adventure is an immersive experience that captures the heart and soul of the film. The ride is expected to include new animatronics, sets, and music, all designed to bring the vibrant world of Tiana to life. You will meet her charming firefly friend Ray, and even dance with the shadows in the world of voodoo with Dr. Facilier.  Ryan Steinberg, grade 11, states “I like the bad guy in the movie so I hope he makes an appearance in the ride or else I’ll be a little upset.”

While we bid farewell to Splash Mountain, the change is a positive step forward. It reflects Disney’s commitment to inclusivity and diversity, creating a more representative theme park experience. It will create a space where everyone feels seen and represented. “I can’t wait to go on this ride when it opens. I love the Princess and the Frog movie, so my expectations are high” stated Allyssa Milian, 12th grade. All the Disney movies are great, but this one in particular is filled with outgoing characters and mind blowing creativity

So, get ready to join Tiana on her journey, from working as a waitress to becoming a princess, and experience her dream of opening up her own restaurant. This ride promises to be a fun-filled adventure, filled with magic, music, and the spirit of New Orleans. It is sure to be an unforgettable experience.