Step-By-Step: How to Plan a Vacation

Photo credits: Forbes

Step 1- Destination: When planning your trip, you should first figure out where you want to go. This can help you figure out pricing and where you are going to stay.

Step 2- Transportation: The next step in planning your vacation would be to find your way of transportation. This could be through flight, car, train, bus, etc.

Step 3- Hotel: A reasonable next step would be to book a hotel to stay at. You can try to find the best hotel in the area or, if you have rewards in certain places, you can find the nearest one to your preferred location.

Step 4- Itinerary: Plan the activities that you want to do at your destination and schedule them. This helps you get to do everything you want to do in the amount of time you have in the city you are traveling to.

Isabella Rosina, a freshman said, “I love going on vacations when I can, especially to different countries”.

Step 5- Packing: When figuring out what to bring to wear, check the weather to make sure you are packing for the right climate. This will ensure you have the correct attire for where you are going.

Step 6- Food: At your travel destination, there may be certain restaurants you would want to eat at. You can make reservations at them so they do not run out of available space. 

Elijah Campbell, senior said, “My family always starts planning trips a couple months ahead of time to make it less stressful”. Planning ahead of time makes the vacation go smoother and prevents more things from going wrong.

Step 7- Local customs: If you are going to a foreign country you may want to look into local customs in the area. Another thing you could do if going to a foreign country is learn the language they speak; this can be time-consuming but helpful in certain situations.