BREAKING NEWS
The Student News Site of Coral Glades High School

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Prowl

New Style Trends: Coquette, Clean Girl

There are new style trends on platforms like Tiktok and Instagram that have recently been going viral.

The exact definition of the word ‘coquette’ is a flirt, a girl, or woman who knows how to flatter and manipulate men with her charms in order to get what she wants. On social media, they have taken the definition of the word and made it a whole style. 

To be in this aesthetic, there are certain ways to dress and interests to follow.

Elijah Campbell, senior said “I don’t know much about the ‘coquette’ or the ‘clean girl’ aesthetics but from what I’ve heard about both I like the clean girl aesthetic more” 

The dress code for coquette is very feminine and is usually light colors like pink or white. It also involves lots of laces, bows, flower prints, and more. The style also tends to have jeans, long sleeves, skirts, dresses, and light cardigans.

There are also certain artists that they tend to listen to. These artists are Lana Del Ray, Gracie Abrams, or Melanie Martinez.

For the ‘clean girl’ aesthetic, there is more of a way of how to dress rather than your entire aura.

On Tik Tok, there have been many people doing the ‘clean girl makeup’, which basically is wearing makeup but trying to look like you are not wearing any. This usually consists of basic makeup like a light coverage foundation, concealer, blush, highlighter, mascara, brow gel, and lip gloss.

Isabella Rosina, freshman said “I usually go for a basic sort of ‘clean girl’ aesthetic when I’m figuring out what to wear or what to buy at stores” 

The outfits that go with the clean girl aesthetic are more basic outfits that still are very put together. This means jeans or cargo pants with a basic solid tee. 

The ‘vanilla’ style goes well with the ‘clean girl’ style and are often thought of to be the same thing because these styles are very similar.

There are many types of trends and aesthetics but which out of them is your favorite?