A Cookie the Size of a Sandwich!

On Monday, December 4th, it was ‘National Cookie Day.’ Currently, only some restaurants offer them for free after the purchase of a footlong sub if you are a member of their MVP rewards.

However, in January of 2024, it will be released to the whole country. Cities like New York, Dallas, Miami, and Chicago are participating in this event and called it “Cookieway” for a limited amount of time.

As said by a news release, the Subway chain sells the most cookies compared to other restaurants in the United States. “The overwhelming response we received from fans around the country last year let us know that we needed to make the footlong cookie a permanent addition to our menu,” said Paul Fabre, senior vice president of culinary and innovation at Subway.

Buying a cookie is actually a good thing, thanks to the ‘Subway Cares Foundation.’ They donate a portion of the earnings from the sale of cookies until December 31st, 2023. On top of that, the chain also has a program called ‘Subway’s Fresh Start Scholarships’ which helps employees who work in the United States, Canada, Australia, and Puerto Rico.

“Believe it or not, I am actually about to go to Subway to get one of these cookies. I’ve heard they’re huge and are yum yum yum I want one right now. Give me the cookie!” As stated by Noah Rosen a Junior at Coral Glades High.

The footlong cookie is not the only thing Subway has planned. According to today.com, “In September, Subway said it was testing a Footlong Churro as well as a Frosted Swirl Bun, in partnership with Cinnabon, in some locations.”

The footlong cookie has been around before, but next year it will be an official item on the Subway menu.

“I’m really hungry, those look very appetizing, yum yum yum! They did a very good job at making the cookies look appealing,” said Gianna Ierubino, Freshmen. “Sadly we do not live in Chicago, Miami, Dallas, or New York so we cannot get them for free.”