2024: NFL Draft

Next year is the 89th annual draft of the National Football League (NFL). It is planned to be at Campus Martius Park and Hart Plaza in Detroit, Michigan, on April 25th-27th, 2024. 

According to NFL Football Operations, the order for the draft is decided based on these procedures:

1. The winner of the Super Bowl​ game selects last and the loser selects next-to-last in all rounds, regardless of the record of the clubs in the regular season.
  2. The losers of the Conference Championship games select 29th and 30th in all rounds, according to the reverse order of their standing.
  3. The losers of the Divisional Playoffs select 25th through 28th in all rounds, according to the reverse order of their standing.
  4. The losers of the Wild Card games select 19th through 24th in all rounds, according to the reverse order of their standing.
  5. Clubs not participating in the playoffs select in the first through 18th positions in all rounds, according to the reverse order of their standing.

“I am a big Florida State fan, and of course, Jared Verse is going to go high in the draft. He was amazing, the game against Louisville, was all skill, he is so talented,” said Noah Rosen, a Coral Glades junior. Jared Verse went to FSU (Florida State University) and plays the position of linebacker.

He continues and says, “Also, everyone expects Caleb Williams to go first in the draft and he probably will, but all those shenanigans about having ownership in the team that drafts him is a little ridiculous. But this group of guys have a lot of skill all around.”

The prospect list is out with players such as Caleb Williams and Marvin Harrison Jr ranking high. The Chicago Bears will have the first pick of the draft while the San Francisco 49ers choose last as they are a Super Bowl team this year along with the Kansas City Chiefs.

“The 2024 NFL draft is filled with so many players and talent that could change the game as we have seen already with the rookies this year, so I’m excited to see the possibilities and levels these rookies next year are gonna reach.” Explains Elijah Cambell, a senior.