1989 by Taylor Swift

1989 by Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift has announced her album 1989 is getting re-released. She announced the release date at the last L.A. show which was also the last show of the U.S. leg of her tour. 

There were already suspicions that she would announce it there, but nobody was sure. 

The reason that she had to remake her music is because her music was being sold from her label to Scooter Braun (who also used to manage people like Justin Bieber or Arianna Grande), who would then sell her music and profit off the songs Taylor wrote. She should have gotten the money instead of him.

Later in 2018 she switched to a different record label and made her first album she owned herself with them.

She has since re-released her albums Fearless, Red, and Speak now. She also has made 3 other new albums after Lover named Folklore, Evermore, and Midnights.

“My favorite album from Taylor Swift is speak now” said Isabella Rosina, freshman. 

There are still 2 different albums that must be re-released which are Reputation and Debut. A lot of teasers have said that Reputation will be next. 

On 1989 TV there were 5 new songs from vault. The vault is songs Taylor has written for specifically that album but were not released the first time. 

She collaborated with google to release the names of the vault songs. There were a certain number of puzzles that had to be solved to get the track names. 

The names of the tracks are ‘Is it over now,’ ‘now that we don’t talk,’ ‘say don’t go,’ ‘suburban legends,’ and ‘SLUT!.’ There is one other song, but it is only for the vinyl ‘sweeter than fiction.’ 

“I don’t listen to her music that often but, I like some of the songs from this one” said Amanda Torres, freshmen. 

I personally am very excited for this re-release of her album because it is my favorite album. My friends and family are also excited about the re-release.