Technology’s Role in Education

The pandemic and post-pandemic demonstrated the importance of technology in education, regardless of the type or level being studied. The educational transformation that we have experienced in the last two years has had no precedent and one of the objectives is to guarantee that the pace achieved in terms of technological appropriation by this sector is maintained.

New technologies have allowed the education and learning system to be transformed, and have made education available to anyone, at any time, regardless of where they are.  

The role of technology companies as enablers of solutions in the education sector has never been more important. 

Now with the issue of universities, there are many people who study and even graduate from other countries.  

Educational technology allows educators to plan and guide the learning process more efficiently. This is possible with resources such as smartphones, computers, televisions, among others. 

Some of the benefits include how this facilitates understanding: the use of new technologies means that students remain more focused and therefore it is easier to assimilate academic content. 

It also provides autonomy: this is related to self-learning, that is, this methodology allows students to build their own learning.  

Developing these methods has been established for several decades to optimize presentation and understanding of educational content for students.

“I think the technology in education is important because with it we can find study methods, besides it’s an easier way to learn and the students love the use of the phone and computers, so that is a good part. At the same time, I think it’s not too good because they can distract so much if don’t use in a right way, and most of the time the technology can create an addiction.” Says, Mariana Ortiz, a Senior at Coral Glades High School.