BREAKING NEWS
The Student News Site of Coral Glades High School

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Prowl

Florida State University VS. University of Florida

Both universities are characterized by their academic excellence, sporting and artistic successes and are respected nationally and internationally.

Due to their great successes, and because they are both one of the best universities in Florida, there is a doubt as to which is the better. 

Florida State University, located in Tallahassee, is known for its academic excellence and strong focus on the sciences, arts, and humanities. It offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs in areas such as business, health sciences, engineering, law and more.

“My cousin is studying at FSU and I have gone to visit him and watch football games. I am a fan of this university and I hope when I graduate I can go and study there” said Jeanpaul Salazar, 12th grade student”.

On the other hand, the University of Florida, located in Gainesville, is recognized for its outstanding faculty and focus on research. It offers a wide variety of academic programs in areas such as science, engineering, agriculture, arts and more.

“Months ago I went with my family on a trip to Gainesville and got to know UF. It became one of my dreams to attend that university. My favorite part about them is the campus and that they have a great specialty in the career I want, psychology” said Maria Alejandra Cobo, 12th grade student” .

While both schools are highly selective, UF has a lower acceptance rate of 23% compared to FSU’s rate of 25%. Both schools also require high test scores, but the average SAT and ACT scores among accepted students are higher at UF.

Both universities have a beautiful campus and a great student spirit . Their rivalry in Football makes the matches the most anticipated by the students and makes the tickets sell out in hours. 

The Florida–Florida State football rivalry is an American college football rivalry between the teams of the two oldest public universities of the state of Florida. 

Behind three touchdowns from Trey Benson and an elite second-half defensive performance, the Seminoles beat Florida 24-15 on November 25th, Saturday night — their 18th straight victory and first without quarterback Jordan Travis, out for the season with a leg injury.

While both Florida and Florida State have a strong reputation for research and job placement after graduation, Florida State is second to University of Florida in BestColleges’ rankings for the Sunshine State. 

Without a doubt, being accepted to either university is a privilege, although it is quite difficult, students from Florida and other states have shown great effort to be accepted to one of them, and then be proudly called Seminoles or Gators.