Top reads of the year

In the realm of literature, every year introduces a plethora of new books that engage and enchant readers worldwide. The year 2023 is no different, with outstanding works spanning different genres. From insightful nonfiction to thrilling mysteries and poignant poetry collections, the literary offerings of 2023 have been truly exceptional. 

Emily Argumendo, junior, said, ” I have always been an avid reader, it has always been me and my book Nothing else, the feel you get by reading a book is like no other, That’s Why I am so happy that someone of my favorite book got in the 2023 top book of the year, as for I feel everyone she joy the feeling a book brings you.”

One of the books that have made a great impact in many readers’ hearts is It Ends with Us, by Colleen Hoover, which follows a girl named Lily who has just moved and is ready to start her life after college. Lily then meets a guy named Ryle and she falls for him. As she is developing feelings for Ryle, Atlas, her first love, reappears and challenges the relationship between Lily and Ryle.

Another one is Things We Left Behind, by Lucy Score, which is about a girl named Lucian Rollins who is a lean, mean vengeance-seeking mogul. On a quest to erase his abusive father’s mark on the family name, he spends every waking minute pulling strings and building his empire. The more money and power he gains, the safer he feels.

Lastly is The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, Taylor Jenkins Reid. The book follows Monique, a journalist struggling to make a name for herself, after receiving an offer to interview the mysterious and reclusive 1960s Hollywood starlet Evelyn Hugo about fame, scandal, and love. 

Isabella Betancur, Senior, said, ” The Seven Husband of Evelyn Huge is my favorite book of all time, yeah many people may say that it is Cheeses and boring, but to me, it’s the best well-written book ever, it ways of captivating you, with it’s way of of always guess, what’s next or did she do that. That is what makes it a Classic book for everyone.

All of these books have been fan favorites of many young teens and have continued to be loved and treasured by the public making them one of the many that have shown the world that books do have a way to connect and give you a certain way that no movie or show can.