‘Suits’ Cast Reconnect at Golden Globes

A surprise appearance by the beloved lawyers!

The annual awards show the Golden Globes took place on Sunday, January 7th, 2024. The event is an awards ceremony for films and shows and has been airing for the last 79 years since 1944.

The famous TV Series Suits which ran for 9 seasons between 2011 and 2019, had its cast reunited at this year’s Golden Globes. Gabriel Macht, Patrick Adams, Gina Torres, and Sarah Rafferty all attended. Unfortunately, Meghan Markle, who plays Rachel Zane did not show up. If you did not know, Meghan Markle is Prince Harry’s wife and is the Duchess of Sussex in England.

The series began trending and has become very well known in the past summer after it was added to Netflix in June. Gabriel and Patrick showed up to present the Best Drama Series to ‘Succession’ which is where the other two cast members made their surprise appearance.

The cast’s attendance resulted in a round of applause. However, there is much drama between some of the co-stars. Meghan Markle is not a part of the Suits group chat- in fact, the cast does not even have her number according to Gina Torres who plays Jessica Pearson.

“You just got lit up,” said Caiden Castranovo a Junior referencing Louis Litt’s iconic line in the show.

Harvey Specter, AKA Gabriel Macht, announced alongside Patrick Adams that a ‘Suits’ spinoff in Los Angeles is being worked on. According to Variety.com, “I think it’s all in early stages,” Adams said. “It’s a show in the Suits universe, like a ‘Suits L.A.’ If I got the phone call, I’d be ready to suit up again. I loved the show, I loved the character, and I loved working with all these people.”

“I love Suits so much,” said Noah Rosen, junior, “definitely one of my favorite shows ever, top 5 for sure. And I am especially excited to watch the spin-off everyone is talking about, ‘Suits L.A.’ Harvey is my favorite. Hopefully, there is a character like him in the new one.”