Bob Marley: One Love

There is a new movie on the way about Bob Marley! It is expected to release on February 14 of this year, the same day as Valentine’s day.

For those who don’t know, Bob Marley was a Jamaican reggae singer, guitarist, and songwriter. Unfortunately, he passed away at the age of 36 in 1981. The cause of his death was melanoma, a kind of skin cancer, that started under his big toenail in 1977.

According to Healthcert.com “The recommendation was to amputate his toe, but Marley chose to have excision surgery instead, in which the surgeon removed the nail and surrounding tissue. Marley had no further treatment and did well until he collapsed in New York City in 1980.”

His famous song “One Love” which is in the title of the movie, was advocating for peace in Jamaica when it was going through a social and political crisis. He has many very known songs like “Stir It Up”, “Jamming”, “Redemption Song”, and “I Shot the Sheriff.”

“Bob Marley is an absolute legend, and he is finally getting some of the recognition he finally deserves, not that he hasn’t had any, winning many awards for his amazing music, such as his song ‘One Love’, which the movie title is based off.” Says Noah Rosen, junior. “Marley is recognized all around the world by everyone, his music changed the world. Hopefully ‘Bob Marley: One Love’ can show how he really impacted music, and how legendary he was. I hope Kingsley Ben Adir is a good actor, because I’ve never heard of him.”

The lead actor playing the famous singer is Kingsley Ben Adir. He has been in the popular show ‘Peaky Blinders’ as well as many more. Kingsley will play alongside Lashana Lynch who plays Rita Marley, Bob Marley’s wife.

“It’s so interesting how years later, we get a peek into the lives of these famous people of the past,” says Ariana Desouza, a freshman. “Bob Marley is a legend, and I’m sure they’ll do a great job of portraying him in the way he deserves.”