BREAKING NEWS
The Student News Site of Coral Glades High School

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Prowl

How Do Movies Affect us Emotionally

How Do Movies Affect us Emotionally

Movies can make us feel a lot of different emotions. They can make us happy, scared, sad, or excited, and these feelings can stick with us even after the movie ends.

One reason movies affect our emotions is because of the stories they tell. When we watch a movie, we get drawn into the lives of the characters. We start to care about what happens to them, and we feel happy when they succeed or sad when they face challenges. Whether it’s a love story or a suspenseful thriller, movies make us feel things by showing us relatable experiences.

Movies also use visuals and sounds to make us feel emotions even more strongly. Things like close-up shots, lighting, music, and sound effects can make scenes more intense. For example, exciting music can make us feel triumphant, while dark lighting and scary sounds can make us feel scared.

Actors also play a big part in making us feel emotions. When they do a good job, we believe in their characters and care about what happens to them. Seeing someone else show strong emotions can make us feel those emotions too. Morgan Mccalla, Junior stated “I cried to the movie Wonder. I cried because in the movie the main character was being bullied by making fun of his face. It made me upset because of how messed up it was. The character’s acting was amazing as he showed real emotion and certain things that a child who was getting bullied would do.”

Lastly, movies often deal with themes that are important to us, like love, friendship, or overcoming challenges. Seeing these themes explored on screen can help us understand our feelings better. Sophomore Student Brandon Akel said, “Movies are like one of the only things that can make me cry or change my view on a topic.”

In the end, movies have a big impact on how we feel because they tell stories we care about, use visuals and sounds to make us feel things strongly, have great actors who bring characters to life and deal with themes that matter to us. Whether we’re laughing, crying, or feeling excited, movies remind us of how connected we are to the world and each other.